Thursday, January 1, 2009

A New Year for New Treasures



o.k. I admit to it, I have been obsessed lately with crafting. It must of been pent up and need to come out. I seem to be stuck on Easter crafts too. I have made a few Valentine things, which are coming to Etsy (FrivolousWhimsy.etsy.com), but mostly candy items and Easter items. I have loved creating these things and I am finding great pleasure in doing so. I hope you all like what you see.




I thought perhaps today I would tell you a bit more about myself. I am a 39 year old mother of four children, Maddie is 17, has a serious boyfriend named Jake (whom we adore) and she will be graduating this Spring. Caleb is 14 and a freshman. Abbie is 11 and in the 6th grade and has a voice like and angel when she sings (we have no idea where she got that talent) and our baby bear Michael who is 9. I am a wife to a fantastic man named Doug, and we have proudly been married for 19 years (20 in October this year). I am a sister to my brother Mike, and a daughter to my great parents. My mother was diagnosed with Uterine cancer in April of 2006. This for most women is a very curable cancer if it has not spread, sadly my mom's had spread and she had to undergo radiation and chemo. When she reaches the 5 year mark she will be considered cured. We keep our fingers crossed, only 1.5 years to go. I am a pre-school teacher and have 18 4-year olds, I LOVE my job! The kids are great, sure they challenge me some days, but that is what keeps my job new everyday, I never know what to expect. I may get a hug that warms my heart or get thrown-up on (not fun!)




Well, I must say last night while watching the ball drop, I really had thoughts that this year is going to be a great year for myself and my family. I guess time will tell.




I do hope all of you as well have a great 2009 with love, happiness, sucess, and FUN! Because really, what kind of like do we have if it has no fun?




Talk Soon,


Christy

No comments:

Post a Comment